Choosing a Necklace Length
Layering your necklaces, or just want to know all the choices to work with your top’s neckline?
Novaura Jewelry mainly creates princess, choker & matinee length necklaces. I will explain these terms below! However, I can customize most of the necklaces in different lengths to suit your hearts desire!
And some of my necklaces come with adjustability to add 1 - 2 inches to work with various necklines.
Ok – now let’s talk necklace lengths– here’s a graphic to illustrate: (make sure you’ve got images turned on to see the diagram)
- Collar at 12 - 13 inches fits tightly around the neck and looks best with crew or open necklines like staples or off-the-shoulder.
- Choker at 14 - 16 inches sits lovingly at the base of the neck. It’s classic and flattering with most open necklines.
Multicolor Tourmaline Sparkle Choker
- Princess at 18 inches works well with high & low necklines, strapless, and off-the-shoulder. You really can’t go wrong with this popular length.
Amethyst Gem Ombre Style Necklace, 14Kt Rose-gold filled Chain, 18 inches
- Matinee at 20 - 24 inches or Opera Length at 28 - 34 inches are elegant choices for evening wear and scoop, boatneck, and crew neckline.
Swarovski® 8MM Crystal Pearl Necklace, 14Kt Rose-gold filled Chain, 22 inches
- Rope at over 35 inches can be worn long or wrapped around the neck for a multi-layered look.
I can customize many of my designs for longer lengths to pull over your neck to eliminate the clasp all together! Or to wrap around for a multi-layered look.
Email me if you want one of my necklaces in a shorter or longer length!